Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 2, 2018

June Goals -Quilt Binding and some Embroidery




My One Monthly goal for June is to trim and put the binding on the quilt for my daughter's graduation quilt and to finish the July Calendar Girl stitchery.


This is kind of a weird angle, but here they are together on my cutting table!

A close up of the quilting my friend with a long arm did for me. The dark gray thread she used shows up great on the light gray border. I 
am still deciding on a binding fabric. I don't have enough of any of the fabrics used in the quilt. Maybe the backing, it is white with black cursive words: Courage, smile, etc!

And here is the partially completed July Calendar Girl stitching.  I have a few more words to stitch, the rest of her very curly blond hair and her eyes and nose, and then I'll  embellish with star buttons and some metallic thread in her hair decoration.  Don't you just love her striped stockings?

Not much will be done today, I am taking a friend to the hospital for an IV infusion, then there is a T-ball game for our great grandson ( he's 4, so it's mostly playing in the dirt, :)!) and today is our 54th wedding anniversary, so there is dinner out!  Some planting will be done too, it is finally warm enough. Though yesterday the 1st,  there was a tornado touch down northwest of town. It's wide open there, but 2 families lost their homes and out buildings.  So sad!

Happy June, 


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and darling calendar girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors in this quilt, have fun with the binding! Cute embroidery too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your projects. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in your graduation gift. Your embroidery shines! And happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete