Amy Butler Birdie Bag.
I have had this in a to-do basket since early 2010. I made a Zebra themed quilt for our very first great grandchild. I had tons of left over fabric! I had an Amy Butler pattern! Make a diaper bag! Cut the fabric! Out of interfacing!
After a few stumbling blocks, I put it away in a basket. I moved it around lots and lots! That baby will be 8 years old next month! Sheesh!!
I finally decided to dig it out of the UFO pile and see if I couldn't get it completed. I had to retrace the pieces...I had cut some, so I know I had traced some, but they have disappeared, Then I did not have fusible fleece. I made a trip to Joann's. They had one piece of fusible fleece on the shelf. It would work. I needed Pellon SF101 also. (no affiliation, I just use this interfacing a lot, and it was recommended on the patter) I had a coupon, I bought a whole bolt!!
I cut more fabric and set to work. In no time, I had this finished bag.
My granddaughter made a comment a week or so ago, that she was going to have to get a "go bag". She carries water bottles for both kids and herself always. Now she is "potty training" Miss B, so there is a necessity of several changes of panties and shorts/leggings. I decided to give this bag to her last Tuesday. She was thrilled and put it to immediate use.
Her sister has this bag!
Her mom has this bag!
So she is calling it her Gma Bag. She has always referred to me as Gma when she writes it! I am glad she likes it and the other bags are appreciated and used as well! All that makes me happy.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy





A comment to check if Blogger has the notification fixed...and did I do the steps correctly!
ReplyDelete