I was finally able to sneak off to the sewing room to finish the last 2 orange 16patch star blocks. Even though there are 5 Saturdays this year in May, I’m just doing 4 in each month’s color. So we are 1/2 way, if I only do the 10 colors that Angela usually presents for Rainbow Scrap Challenge
Here are the four blocks for March (red), April (pink) and May (orange).
I need to cut 20 + white 2.5” squares for the star centers. I have used up all my white scraps, less that 5”x 5’. So now on to bigger chunks. Fat quarters or less. Slowly, slowly I’m using up my stash. 🙂 The star points are 1.5” squares sewed stitch & flip method on 4 colored squares . They are scrappy , whites, no creams or beige.
I’m still stitching crumb blocks as Leaders and Enders. No photos today though.
Happy weekend to all. Today is our youngest granddaughter’s birthday. She’s 33, living in Vermont. She and her friends have formed a Granny Hobbies group. They gather and knit, crochet, embroider and one even quilts. I think that is so special! HB, Miss Sunshine!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful


The idea of granny hobbies is very popular with kids these days. Who knew that all this time we were trendy? The star blocks are beautiful! I think that I have used that pattern in the past and it is one I would happily make again and again. Such a fun way to keep the leaders and enders fresh.
ReplyDeleteYour red, pink, and orange star blocks look great together, Judy! I didn't know there was such a thing as granny hobbies, but I'm glad to see younger women joining in with us grannies and becoming makers. It's all fun, no matter what age you are?
ReplyDeleteLove those star blocks & kudos for working that stash!
ReplyDeleteA Granny Hobbies group, I like that!I'm sure you are her inspiration too.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful star blocks, Judy. A Granny Hobbies group, how cool! I didn't know that's the 'latest' among kids these days. Happy birthday to your granddaughter! Happy Sunday!
ReplyDeleteOhhh Looking good!!!! Did you get some crazy weather this weekend?
ReplyDelete