Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 3, 2026

SAHRR Round #2. “Make It a Double”

 


Kathleen at Kathleen McMusing is our host for Round #2 . She chose “Make It a Double “. Her post gave dozens of possibilities.  If you click the link above it will take you to her post. She showed a selection of double blocks from Electric Quilt. In row 4, the double tulip caught my eye. I don’t own EQ, or many books of blocks, but the WWW offers lots of info. When I googled Double Tulip Quilt Block. There were 
a few variations. Most of them, I chose this one from Teresa DownUnder on YouTube,




 made a 6 1/2 “ uf block. I needed it to be a little smaller. I am keeping my project wall hanging size. So the graph paper came out along with the calculator. 



Last week I placed the larger hourglass blocks at the bottom. They were not sewn together or attached to the center square. I have changed my mind . Now my block looks like this. The correct size hourglass blocks are sewn to the top . The too small hourglass blocks are still waiting in line to see if they will be called upon. 





I didn’t want them on point, or facing downward. As I look at it in this picture, I might unsew and turn the right hand tulip to face out. I put a small coping strip so the white of the tulips were not touching the white background of the stitchery. So here is my Round #2. Two Double Tulips, or if you would like, a tiny floral border and a tulip border. Either works in my book!. 

I’m linking over at Kathleen McMusings blog. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful. 




6 comments:

  1. Double the fun with your double border and double tulip blocks. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The double tulips are a pretty block! I love all the purples you're using, especially the pansy fabric. On to border #3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are keeping things fluid, and being willing to change up. Love the new tulips and will tabs on it as we go along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those tulip blocks, and I love your pretty embroidery on your center. That is going to be a lovely wall quilt.
    Linda at rubymitch12@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your "Make do and Mend" is coming along. Your double tulips are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look fantastic! It's going to be a gorgeous quilt! xx

    ReplyDelete