Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 6, 2025

Slow Sunday Stitching- July 4th weekend

 



I’m hoping to get some stitches laid this afternoon. May and June were hectic, stressful, and as Diann at Little Penguin Qults said, turned my life upside down. Most of May and the first 10 days of June were spent in hospitals and rehab. My DH had an unplanned but necessary triple cardiac bypass. Then when we returned home and were taking it easy, still recuperating, a good friend was killed on his motorcycle! 


Now that the 4th of July is over and the weather is warmer. I hope to spend some time on the deck, stitching. I worked on this sporadically the last few days. 



The Rose Garden Mini Sampler from Melissa at Pinker n Punkin Quilting. She used different colors than I did. I used DMC #729 for the alphabet, #368 for the vine and #347 & #335 for the roses. 

When I took it to my Thursday Stitchers gathering, a fellow cross-stitcher, said I needed to put the date and my initials on it . She was right, of course. So now my initials are placed, the date will be finished before I pull out the Octopus Biscornu again. 



I had hoped to get some stitching done on this project. But I visited my friend who lost her husband on the 18th of June. She’s a strong woman and is doing as well as can be expected. 


I’m linking up this post with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy’s Quilts. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful. 







3 comments:

  1. You really have had things coming at you from all sides, hope it all calms down now and that you get some of that peaceful time on the deck. I should put initials on my cross stitch pieces and labels on my quilts, but I'm usually so glad to have it finished, I just skip it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rose sampler turned out beautifully, Judy! That friend was so smart to remind you about initialing and dating your stitching! I have never done that, but should definitely start. So glad you got some slow stitching in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely stitching, Judy. Wonderful to calm, sit and enjoy now after what you have been through.

    ReplyDelete