LeeAnna gave us this conversation starter. I couldn’t possibly tell you about all my summers. I did work as a teenager, met Mr Busy when I got a job at the Piggly Wiggly the summer between my Junior and Senior year in HS. I was head over heels for him!💖💓
Go to Not Afraid of Color, LeeAnna has a list of links to other blogger’s posts.
july 31
remember summer breaks when you were a kid? How did it feel to have so much free time or
did you help the family business when you were a kid, or take on summer jubs? As you got into high school and college did you have summer jobs or take special trips? Did you take special courses in summer (example, typing, drivers ed, space camp, courses in crafts at the YWCA? )
Summers were special. Friends and I explored the neighborhood and wildlands around our house. We picked wildflowers ,sat in the shade and talked . I was a voracious reader and we had a bookmobile that came to our neighborhood. Only a two block walk. Sometimes I would check out three books, go home and read one, take it back and get another before the bookmobile left.
This week was appointments, grocery shopping and time spent in my sewing room. Glowing Hearts is finished, batting found , backing constructed. I was short four inches of width. My quilter likes the backing and batting to be 8’ bigger (4 inches on each side) than the top. I didn’t want to add to the edge cause that looks weird when you trim it, so some 2.5” pieces were placed in the middle. I didn’t plan the colors, just sewed what I had.
It’s windy this morning. Imagine that!! This is as good as it gets today. Hopefully my quilter has an open slot.
Stay Busy and Stay Busy and Healthy and Hopeful.



Oh, I loved the book mobile too!
ReplyDeleteOh, the book mobile! I have good memories of that. Wow - you've known Mr Busy a long time!
ReplyDelete