Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 27, 2025

Purple English Garden and Slow Big Stitch

 




I feel like I might have turned a corner and found my sewing stitching mojo!

I had a pile of purple scraps and needed a small Table Scraps Challenge (TSC) project. I’ve done mug rugs, coasters, table toppers and mini quilts. As I was thinking about it, my eyes landed on my water bottle koozie. Mr. Busy and I use them to keep track of whose water bottle is whose. I know we should use more eco-friendly containers.  But I can barely get that stubborn man to drink water at all, and a bottle is all he will use. Mine should be cuter than this. 





Using the commercial koozie as a pattern, I measured, drew a crude sketch and finished sewing a crumb block that was 4X9.5. I wish I had taken progress photos but I wasn’t convinced I would be successful. 


Then I layered it with a scrap of batting and quilted it with free motion flowers:


The bottom, the circle pieces did not go as “my vision” thought. It’s wonky but it works.




I hand stitched a 1.75” wide strip to the outside of the quilted tube. I had already pressed both long edges to the middle. Resembling bias tape, but not cut on the bias. Then I turned it to the back/inside as I might do a regular binding. 

Today I will big stitch the front binding, just to make sure everything holds and because I like the look. 


Then I will continue slow stitching on my Hello Summer cross stitch. 




I’m linking with  Table Scraps challenge @ The Joyful Quilter   and

Kathy @ Slow Sunday Stitching



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful. 





10 comments:

  1. Your cozy looks great. And I 💕 seeing your progress on Hello summer too. I didn't get far this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cutie patootie cozy. I need to make some for the grandchildren so they can keep up with their drinks. Great idea, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally agree - YOUR koozie should be the cutest koozie in your family!!!

    my daughter is the same way with water - and it has to be flavored, no straight tap water for her ... i just want her to stay hydrated - we live in the high desert and we know, from personal experience, clean water is a lifesaver...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute koozie, another great scrap (and even better "crumbs") idea! Glad it restarted your sewing mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scrappy purple koozie is perfect for you, Judy! I love that red tabletopper, too. Crumbs make such fun projects. I'm with you - however the hubby will drink his water, that is how you should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilted koozie is adorable and definitely "cuter" than the 307 Shredding one - lol! That red topper in the background is beautiful.
    Judy you won my giveaway for Christmas In July Blog Hop! I'll be emailing you for your mailing address, and I hope to get a "formal announcement" posted sometime today, but I couldn't wait to tell you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute koozie and never heard of it before! I love how you used scraps for it, Judy. So glad you have turned a corner with getting your sewing mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy, what a great water bottle cozie. It's really cute and you'll know yours from your hubbies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute water bottle koozie, Judy!! Kudo for figuring out a pattern for it. What a great project your TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how did I miss this? I'm not on my game, but this idea and flower garden interpretation is so fun! Of course yours should be cuter than his. I have never drunk enough water but am trying to this year. I found a britta water pitcher kept in the fridge was my answer since I like cold drinks best. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete