Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 8, 2025

I LIKE Thursday May 8, 2025





My wish for you this week, borrowed from Nanea at Sweatpants and Coffee. 



Conversation Starter;

 National Bike Month – Do you know how to ride a bike? When did you learn? Did you fall and get skinned knees?  Did you ride with other kids? Ever ridden a two person bike?


I’ll say I KNEW how to ride a bike. They say “it’s like riding a bike”, meaning you don’t forget how to ride a bike. I may not have forgotten how but the last time I tried I couldn’t do it. I don’t have the strength anymore. I don’t remember a tricycle, but I’m sure there was one. My first two wheeler was turquoise blue. I was eight, so 1954. So similar to this one. 





My dad taught me to ride. We went to the city park, it had paved road through it and people drove slow and it was fairly unoccupied that Sunday after church.I don’t remember that it took me very long to get the hang of it. The only time I skinned a knee was on roller skates. The kind you clamped on your shoe and tightened with a key. 


In those “olden days” we rode all over our neighborhood, even to school and locked the bike to a bike rack with a chain and padlock. I was even allowed to ride my bike to the library. 

I’ve never ridden a bicycle built for two, but did ride 2Up on a motorcycle. 


Don’t have much to share this week. I am thankful for caring medical staff and a good hospital. Mr Busy will have a “heart catheter “ procedure done today at noon. I’m praying for good outcome and an easy procedure. 


Join others at Not Afraid of Color. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful. 




6 comments:

  1. Judy, just as I'm reading your post, it's almost noon. Sending you love and good thoughts for Mr. Busy. Hope the procedure goes smoothly and quickly. Thanks for posting the Coffee and Sweatpants message today. Sometimes I do want to argue with people I only know from online. Better to take a breath, count my blessings, and move on! I had roller skates like that - they took me lots of places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the procedure went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping the procedure for Mr Busy went well. My guy has had those twice in the past 5 years and he never looks forward to them.
    I had forgotten all about those skates with the key!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to drop by and send good wishes to Mr. Busy and to you, of course. I hope his now-planned triple bypass not only goes well, but that it will help him feel rejuvenated! Thinking of you…

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, I love the fabrics you are working with in your very charming hearts. And I also do hope that procedure goes well for your dear hubby!

    ReplyDelete