My hearts don’t exactly glow. The fabric doesn’t photograph well in my sewing space.
Dark at the top lightest at the bottom. There will be 5 with the dark at the top and 4 with the light at the top. Nine all together. I have one of each configuration completed. I sewed all the strips together before I watched Sandra’s tutorial on adding the bottom triangles. I was trying to catch up. 😊
It went well. I might try the tutorial way to compare. These are very soft colors and I wanted to stay with the fabrics that were in the collection, so I don’t have a dark background and a light background. The backgrounds will all be the same. This is the baby quilt size and will go to the new baby sister of SJH. I made SJH, this Sandra Walker pattern in 2022. It is called Pop Star.
I’ll share my Glowing Hearts at Sandra’s QAL post.
I’m also sharing At Wednesday Weight Loss. I hoped to be further but Mr Busy ended up in the ER on Tuesday PM. They kept him overnight in the cardiac unit have been doing tests today. Hopefully all will allow a test for artery blockage and he’ll go home on Thursday. No seeing for awhile.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!


Judy ... your fabrics may not glow, but they work. Sometimes we get too caught up and think quilts have to be all punchy and bright and such. And forget that calm, cool and collected colourings can be filled with impact on their own. The problem is, sometimes we just have to wait to see that, when it is quilted. For example, consider Sandra's pastel Glowing Hearts and how they came to life once quilted. Yours will too!
ReplyDeleteI think your colors are really pretty, calm and cozy makes a beautiful quilt! I need to read Sandra's triangle tutorial again - my most recent heart needed some ripping and restitching to get them in the right place. Yours look great!
ReplyDeleteWell I am so touched (like seriously, lump in my throat) that you are making another one of my designs for the SJH clan. :-) I think your fabrics are wonderful, and I bet that once you quilt this up, you will find, like I did with my soft version, that you absolutely love it. Thank you for sewing along, and I do hope all is well with Mr. Busy.
ReplyDeleteAs for the bottom half made separately from the entire heart, it came about because I wanted a post on how I did it with the HSTs and shorter and shorter strips, so I experimented as to whether it would still work out with only half the heart, and well, it did! And people seem to like it better than the way it is in the pattern, so I may just have to edit the pattern to include both methods! I made all the quilts but my red one the method in the pattern and I found it just as accurate once I got the hang of where to line up the HST, but lining up the raw edges I can see is easier.
it is lovely - and what a sweet and thoughtful gift to the SJH clan!!!
ReplyDelete