Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the US. And happy Thursday to others friends around the world.
I’m joining LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color and others as we share things we like about today.
I’m cooking for a small group today. Mr. Busy and I are hosting dinner. Our granddaughter and her kids will be here for sure. If jobs don’t take precedence, and jobs here always take precedence, others will join us.
Just traditional dinner fare, and not too much, if I can help it. It’s hard to cook Thanksgiving for 3-4, and 2 young ones! But I’m thankful to get some time with them. They are so busy, with school, and gymnastics and robot club, etc, etc.
My sewing mojo has returned. I finished the Mom Bag! My granddaughter loves it!
And I got the borders on this Christmas UFO.
I’m working on constructing a backing. I’ll wait til after Christmas to take it to the quilter. They are swamped now and I’ll have a new quilt to hang next Christmas.
We attended the annual Festival of Trees, last Sunday. Boy, that puts you in the holiday spirit !
A few of the trees! There were gorgeous wreaths too! An auction was held Saturday night and they raised over $475,000. The money will benefit improving healthcare in our community.
Trees in purple and white with wine corks, tiny glasses and other ornaments. There was an all pink flamingo tree. Guess whose favorite that was? A Lego tree, a Home Alone themed tree, a Mario tree and an old fashioned Norwegian tree.
LeeAnna asked us if we preferred hot chocolate or hot toddy. I love Hot Chocolate. Especially with Peppermint Vodka and whipped cream. I’m not much of a whiskey drinker, but am a fan of Hot Buttered Rum or a Tom and Jerry. Are you familiar with a Tom and Jerry? A variation of eggnog with brandy and rum sprinkled with nutmeg! Yummmmm!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful. But most of all Grateful!




Your Christmas quilt is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving! We also had a quiet affair with just my mom. Lots of leftovers! Can you share any of your sewing mojo? :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving, Judy! Hope it's been a fun day. Your Christmas quilt is so pretty! Sometimes getting the borders on is a big hump to get over - this looks great. Beautiful trees, too. Now you're getting me in the Christmas mood!
ReplyDelete