Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching ~ Autumnal Equinox

 As Fall begins, I sadden a bit. Although I love the cooler mornings and the warm afternoons and the brilliant fall colors, I know that Winter is on the way. I physically don’t feel as well in the winter! Old bones, you know! 

So I  have been diligently working on a cute Christmas small. It’s called Merry String by Lizzie Kate. 


This is a terrible photo of the chart cover. It’s worked on 28 ct Light Mocha Cashel using 2 ply of floss over 2 threads of fabric.  I had a, never used,  piece of 14 ct Aida in my stash.  It called Aspen. 




What do you think? I love it! It will be fun to have something new to display for the holidays. 

I will continue stitching on the Autumn Bell Pull. It’s a large project, so it will be awhile.



And I finished the September motif on the Woven Wreath project from Kathy Schmitz .



I’m anxious to start the cute pumpkin on the first of October!

I’m linking up with other slow stitchers at Slow Sunday Stitching over at Kathy’s Quilts. 

Off to stitch while watching CBS Sunday Morning with Jane Pauley. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!





6 comments:

  1. Merry String is so cute! I need to look at the Lizzie Kate designs - I always love seeing them when other stitches share what they're working on. Have a great Sunday, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My old bones hate the chill of winter, too. There's nothing quite like the thought of winter coming to cause one to feel a little sad. Your Merry String is pretty. Love those Christmassy colours on that colour linen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your needlework is really pretty, love the Merry String. Sorry you don't feel as well in the winter. And here I am longing for winter! I might not feel that way if I lived up north.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are now in Spring in my part of the world, bulbs are blooming, trees are in blossom, and summer is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Merry String! The fabric you chose to use is perfect. Your Woven Wreat project is really progressing. I like the "U" you stitched for your bell pull.

    ReplyDelete