Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 29, 2024

I LIKE Thursday 8.30.24

 



We’re sort of in the “dog days” of summer! Not a lot happening! We are glad that most of the fires that were burning around us are now between 5% and 88% contained. Total  acres burned is almost 400,000. But no loss of life! 


Mr Busy and I are binging on a series on Netflix called Dark Winds! 


It is set in New Mexico and Arizona on the Navajo Nation Reservation. It’s a well told story I think. We are enjoying it. 


I borrowed this book from the library last week. Homecoming by Kate Morton.


Homecoming Book Cover










I’ve been listening to the audiobook for our book club. We go back to meeting monthly, in September. I’m looking forward to meeting again. 


I haven’t tried any new recipes, but hope to make a zucchini cake this weekend. 


And I finally was able to pick some tomatoes! One at a time. These are #2 &#3! We ate the first one right away! 




And I got my hair trimmed up. I’m letting  it get a little longer. Then maybe a perm!


Gosh, I really don’t like pictures of myself!


Hop on over to Not Afraid of Color to find links to other bloggers who write posts for I LIKE THURSDAY. 



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!






5 comments:

  1. I rarely like photos of myself as well. I find if I wait ten years then I think it isn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad they are getting those fires contained - that is always so scary in our dry climate. I liked that show, too. Have you read those books? Tony Hillerman started the series back in the 70s, I think, and then after he died, his daughter Anne took it over, and she kept the same characters. I love the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoyed Dark Winds - PBS did a version of it years ago with Wes Studi and Adam Beach. Zucchini cake - that's the best way to use zucchini! Our tomatoes were dismal - glad yours are good! Yay for trimmed hair. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news about the fires, that is so troubling when wildfires start. Yay on your tomatoes! Those look like good ones. I am a big Tony Hillerman fan (not so much his daughter who took over his writing when he passed). I started reading his books decades ago. They are well written, thoughtful, always a good mystery, with wonderful descriptions of his beloved New Mexico landscape. Dark Winds is on our list to watch too. I think your haircut looks great, and I love your hair color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so much to comment on! I think your haircut is cute. Bruce and I loved and binged on Dark Winds as well. We’ve always been fans of Zahn McClarnon. Our veggies were pitiful this year; methinks our courtyard just doesn’t get enough sun. We had three tomatoes, two peppers and a handful (so far) of cherry tomatoes. Oh! And *how* could I forget those three blackberries?!? LOL

    ReplyDelete