Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 26, 2024

Table Scraps Challenge. January 2024


Welcome to the first post for Table Scraps Challenge 2024! I’m linking up with The Joyful Quilter. I love this challenge! 

I copied the following directly from Joyful’s blog post, but then blogger edited the font!!!  But it’s all mine after the snowflake icon! 😊



January's theme was...


SNOWFLAKES


Here's what transpired as a result...


The Color of the Month was Dark and/or Bright GREEN ❄️




Ummm? Green snowflakes?? I’ve been working with green for RSC 24. But stripes, giraffes, shamrocks, chickens and ladybugs. Not snowflakes.








Then, look what came in the mail the first week in January! A pattern from Carolina Moore! I had signed up for her newsletter earlier in 2023.










Scraps from the front and some odd other table scraps!






The front, empty! Without a pillow form!


I made a Christmas quilt in 2016 using the Five and Dime pattern. It used a layer cake. There were pieces left over in my Christmas fabric tote. Now there is a pillow to be displayed with the quilt next Christmas








So I think did it! A snowflake, using green scraps! And best of all I love it.




Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!




7 comments:

  1. Look at that! There are even snowflakes on the green fabric! Perfect. That turned out really pretty, and I love how it goes with your quilt, too. Fun finish, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love it when things unexpectedly work out just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one pretty pillow! Love the pattern and the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, that is really serendipity- pattern and fabric, exactly as you needed. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snowflake pillow is gorgeous and perfect for those green scraps! Looks great with your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your SNOWFLAKE block pattern arrived just in the nick of time, Judy. SEW smart of you to raid the holiday scraps and come up with a few to match that quilt! Such a lovely addition to your seasonal decor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. clever coloring and so pretty
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete