From Facebook: Sweatpants and Coffee
Prompt for January 4, 2024
Do you have a favorite appetizer in your family? Can you share the recipe?
In my past life I would have said a homemade dip or cheese ball. Nowadays it’s just Mr Busy and me, our go-to is cheddar cheese, vegetable Ritz crackers, apples and grapes. In fact sometimes that’s our lunch!
My sister used to make a jalapeƱo jelly that she would pour over a softened brick of cream cheese. It was delicious!
Would you rather have Buffalo chicken dip or artichoke dip? Artichoke dip for sure! I’m not a fan of Buffalo spice on chicken wings or in dip!
What do you try first when you go to a party with snacks? Tough one! There isn’t much I don’t eat. Chocolate dipped strawberries, if they are there. If not, then salsa and tortilla chips!
I have no photos of anything to share, except the progress on this little stitch! It’s one of the patterns included in the 12 Days of Christmas box from Colorado Cross Stitcher.
It’s on 28 count Antique White Cashel Linen , and I’m stitching 2 over 2. Two strands of floss over two threads of fabric. Using DMC .
And I’ve started on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks for 2024. I’ll show those on Saturday at Scrap Happy Saturday.
Joining LeeAnna and friends at Not Afraid of Color. Stop by and join in, just send LeeAnna your blog address.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!


I love your Sweatpants and Coffee meme, Judy! Wise words and good advice. Your lunch idea sounds tasty to me! I see the word on your cross-stitch starting to emerge - is stitching on the linen getting more comfortable for you? Happy Thursday!
ReplyDeleteI like the gentle goals. Totally my speed!
ReplyDeleteI used to love cheese balls! My mother used to make them all the time. I miss them! I've never used linen for cross stitch but I'd love to try it. Is it much different than Aida? Your cross stitch pattern is coming along great!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog
ReplyDeletePlease read my post
ReplyDeleteI love those gentle goals. I am crazy about that dip your sister used to make! I always tell Hubs if he wasn't around I would stand in front of the pantry and eat out of a bag of chips for my meal. Your light lunch sounds really good.
ReplyDeleteLOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Gentle Goals for the New Year! I might print that and look at it every day!
ReplyDeleteYou're so kind and I too liked your gentle goals. It's just the two of us here too, but we make appetizers to have over a couple days, Still gotta make yourselves happy. Or I do half recipes. Luckily I married a man who could eat people chow three times a day and not mind as long as he didn't have to help cook
ReplyDeleteLeeAnna