Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 24, 2023

TO-DO Tuesday # 150!


I’m joining Carol at Quilt Schmilt-For the Love of Fabric, I love having this place to keep track of my goals! Thanks Carol!    


Last week
July 18th - July 24th

1. Get the rest of the top border for Spool Quilt ironed down. ✅



Ready for stitching!
2. Trace Step 1 for Tis the Season from Days Filled with Joy ✅

I did trace step 1, but I like to back all my stitching with Pellon SF 101. So I will wait until all the steps are published, trace them then back the piece with the interfacing. I learned from experience that if I ironed on the interfacing first and then tried to trace it was very rough. Like drawing on sandpaper. 



I know it’s very hard to see. I traced it with brown pigma pen. Size 01. Correction I used a Pigma Micron 005, in brown.   Click on the link above to see Joy’s drawing.


3. Finish stitching One Kind Word. ✅ finished after supper Monday night! 


Needs a good press and a frame. Maybe yellow! The flower sort of overpowers the words!



4. Work on figuring out how to use the Mini Simple Folded Corner Ruler.     🤷‍♀️ it’s a process! I haven't taken time to watch the You Tube video and I may have decided that I will not participate in this leader and ender this year.  I'm still debating with myself. 



Next Week
July 25th - July 31st

1. Work on bottom border for Spool Quilt
2. Finish and post ABC Table Scraps Challenge July = Red, A&G
3. Work on Poinsettia Bread Cloth
4. Sew some red string blocks and maybe some crumb blocks with the cut off pieces. 
5. Maybe read 1 chapter a night in my book. With the possibility of no prime time TV this fall, I need to get back in the habit of reading!




Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



3 comments:

  1. The spool quilt border is beautiful! Thanks for the tip about tracing with interfacing. Do the Pigma pens wash out, or do the lines disappear when you stitch over them? I like your sign-off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love that border--your spool quilt is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spool quilt applique is beautiful! I like the "one kind word"--I would certainly hang that where I could see it every day as a reminder to make that effort!

    ReplyDelete