Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 19, 2022

I Like Thursday #96 A series of little things.








Happy Thursday Everyone!  I'm teaming up with other bloggers over at Not Afraid of Color, where LeeAnna gives us this place to share the thing we like or are thankful for. 


This "thought" came up as a memory on Facebook today. It’s from six years ago. I think it is important enough to share again.






A week of so ago, Diann at Little Penguin Quilts showed a photo of her Lily of the Valley. I lamented that mine were not even poking through the ground.  But look what they are doing now. 


And if you look really close there is a hint of a bud on the one at the bottom of the photo. I can't wait they smell so wonderful. 


I finally had to order a new cover for my iPad. I wore the other one out. I don't spend a lot, it’s not an Otterbox brand!  But isn't it pretty?

And the back is clear so I can read the inscription that our son had put on it when he and his sister and Mr. Busy gifted it to me for Mother's Day in 2018. 



And I love  "real" mail. This envelope with this lovely sentiment inside came in the mail, on Monday. 


It's a handwritten thank you note from the staff at Mercy General Hospital. A thank you for the Positivity Quilt I sent to Bernie to donate to Mercyful Quilts last August. I think it is so special that someone took the time to write this lovely note. 



I don't have a fancy camera, but we did have a pretty clear view of the lunar eclipse on Sunday night. 

This one I zoomed in on a little bit.  It's still pretty pitiful, but it sure was awesome in "real life"!


Last but not least, I got all 16 blocks for Growing Up Odd done. I arranged it on the family room floor. Excuse the messy toy box in the background. The littles have been gone 2 years and it is unlikely they will be able to visit any time soon. So I probably should get rid of the "baby" toys. 



I have started to put the blocks together. The first row is done. The next row is sashing and cornerstones and it is constructed but not joined to the top row.  I'll take photos next week.



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!



3 comments:

  1. Your lilies of the Valley are looking good! I couldn't believe the big area of them that we saw on the Cape. I think you got a great photo of the eclipse, too! Growing Up Odd is going to be amazing, Judy. Good for you, getting all those blocks done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lily of the valley are coming along, and the sedum I planted is taking off too. I have toys too, I so hate to give them up, perhaps hoping someday to be a great gran. Obviously since I work nights I missed the eclipse. Your quilt is fabulous, and how cool to get a thank you note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - lots of good stuff. My lily of the valley are popping out now, too! Miracles are everywhere! I really like your quilt layout.

    ReplyDelete