Linking up with Alycia's Finished or Not Finished Friday! I finally have a finish on this RSC project stated in 2020!
I saw the block at The Academic Quilter in 2019. You can see her two versions at this link. She calls it Circle of Squares. I knew I had so many scraps that I could do this one. Mari set hers so wonderfully! I wasn’t as successful so went with a diagonal rainbow sort of setting. The wide green border was added to bring it up to a decent size. And I had enough, just barely, to bind it too! I like it a lot! Now I need to wash and dry it, so it ready to be given away.
It was quilted by a friend who is a novice but a fantastic quilter. It's hard to see, but it's a daisy design. Soft curves all over this very "square" quilt . So pretty.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!
Apologies on the indoor photo! It’s drizzling and foggy even at 3:30pm. So it is what it is!





Judy, that is just beautiful!!! That backing fabric is one I have used in some of my cupcake table runners, it looks like confetti:)
ReplyDeletethis is a great quilt, Judy.
ReplyDeleteLovely. Congrats on the finish! I made those Hollow Nine blocks with smaller pieces in different colors as an alternate block. Then I decided to make them as an RSC project with 3 inch pieces but I rarely come across any scraps already cut at 3 inches in the RSC color of the month. Maybe I will have to mix and match squares in order to get enough for a donation quilt.
ReplyDeleteIt's a beauty, Judy. Congrats on a fabulous RSC quilt finish!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Judy!!
ReplyDeleteIt is a beautiful rainbow quilt.
Well done !!!
Wonderful finish, Judy!!! Love the diagonal rainbow look!!!
ReplyDeleteOh I just love that one!! its so happy and colorful!! Great block !!!
ReplyDelete