Good Morning! I’m joining with all the participants in To-Do Tuesday, hosted by Linda at Texas Quilt Gal to let you see how I did on my list from last week:
1. Get back on board tracking points for WW and walking on the good warmish dry days! ❌
I have no proof that I walked on the few nice days. Next time I’ll take a “selfie”
And I definitely did not track all my food points! I was so much better at that before the holidays! Sigh!
2. Continue Santa Baker in the evening as Mr Busy and I watch TV. ✅
I like how the black outline enhances all the details of this design. I won’t get it done by month end ( it was my OMG for January), but I’ll be close. And I’ll roll it over to February!3. Sew 2 more Happy Blocks, 2 red string blocks. ✅
And (2) 7.5” strings in red!
4. Work on Table Scraps Challenge. ✅
It’s ready to quilt and binding is made, so I should complete it by the 31st!
So what will happen next week!
January 25th - 31st
1. Walk 3 days next week for 20 minutes.
2. Quilt and bind January Table Scraps Challenge.
3. Continue on the outline on Santa Baker!
4. Make some red/ neutral HST in anticipation of a Zig Zag quilt!
5. If time allows, make another Growing Up Odd block!
See you all next Tuesday, Feb 1st, right after my annual Medicare checkup!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy 😷😷😷

Santa Baker is so fun! That black outlining really does give everything a finished look. Your red blocks are warm and pretty! Keep walking! We try to walk everyday - I miss it when I can't. Snowing like crazy here today, so walking looks iffy.
ReplyDeleteI too am having trouble with the Holiday, staying at home , very cold weather diet! Hang in there, we will make it! Love your red work, I wonder what next months is ! Stay safe and sew on !
ReplyDeleteI see a few quilters sewing in red for January scrappy challenge, I missed that one, maybe just as well. All the best for the walking, it does take determination doesn't it. I was going good then folded. I know I should start again. All the best Judy for your walks. Kathryn Quilts
ReplyDeleteI think I just lost a comment here, was in the wrong browser. Lots of red going on this month, I missed that challenge which may be good really! Love you hand sew while watching TV, not so good at that myself. All the best for this week's goals.Kathryn Quilts
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! I, and I think I can even say we, don't doubt you when you say you walked. Proof is not necessary, although I always enjoy the photos you share! Tracking points - do you think it's just because you got out of the habit? Or is it because you don't want to see what the points add up to . . . or something else? You can do it - you can do anything you put your mind to!! Santa Baker is turning out so cute. Outlining is my least favorite part of cross stitching but I think it's the most important detail of all. Good luck with this week's list - you did great last week. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteSanta Baker is turning out really cute, Judy. Yes, the backstitches make a great difference Soon your Santa will be ready. Great work with your red fabrics and scraps.Looking forward to seeing your snowman table topper. Good luck with this week's goals.
ReplyDeleteI do like the yellow in that Santa piece. Very pretty shade and it is always wonderful to see how the black outlining makes things stand out. I've been only walking once a day because it is quite chilly but that is an excuse...with bundling up I really don't notice. Just slacking off a bit I guess. Oh my.
ReplyDeleteYour post caught my eye in the linky because I did string blocks one year with the scrappy challenge. Seeing them again makes me want to do more.
ReplyDeleteCute cross stitch piece. Love your red strings. I have a treadmill and the days I don't work I get a good 1+ hours in on it. I think I need to up my steps from 10,000 to perhaps 15,000 daily.
ReplyDeleteI agree--the outlining on Santa really brings it home! Great progress this week and good luck on the week to come!
ReplyDeleteI love Santa Baker and you're right - that black outline really makes it pop. Hope it warms up enough for your walking!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with To Do Tuesday!