Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 30, 2021

Finished or Not Finished Friday # 54

 




I finally finished the binding and it’s been washed and dried so it’s a crinkly and cuddly! The pattern called for an economy binding. That’s a new one for me, but I checked the tutorial and it worked out fine. 



This was a pattern I bought at our local quilt store just before we shut down for Covid, it’s a 3 yard quilt from Fabric Cafe, called Heartland. I purchased a three yard bundle in this green and peach colorway.




I had a bit of trouble because it uses exactly 3 yards , no room for error. And although there wasn’t a cutting  error, I did trim the selvage, indeed a little too much. I needed 1 inch more in the strip set! I did some math and made it work! It was quilted by my friend Marva Mooney using the Pantograph, Purple Meadow. It's a coneflower sort of design. 


 
The backing was in my stash. From the clearance bin at a quilt store before they closed in 2014, I think. 


Sorry about the shadows, but I could finally get an outdoor photo, and there was sunshine and of course shadow! I'll try for a better photo when I can get Mr Busy to hold it. 

This quilt will be on it’s  way to Kat at Covered in Love on Monday. I didn’t signup at Hands2Help at Confessions of a Fabric Addict because I had just lost my sister and I didn’t know where my grief was going to take me. Sewing like a madwoman or unable to get off the couch. And to be truthful, I was both places! But it feels good to complete this and I’m a big supporter of Kat and her awesome project. 


I’m linking  up with Alycia at Finished or Not Finished Friday  and I’ll contact Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict to let her know of my donation. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy 





9 comments:

  1. Great quilt finish, Judy. Love the soft tones of the fabrics, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great save when you came up short. A fabulous donation quilt. My condolences on the loss of your sister. I, unfortunately, know how that feels, and I hope you will bask in the happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know what an "economy quilt binding" was - I had to look it up - weird - just not double fold - I guess if it is a quilt that isn't going to get a lot of use that is ok.
    Sometimes we don't know how we will react to a loss of a loved one. Sometimes it can tip you over into a bit of a depression but other times you get going in life but have some bad days too - I have lost two brothers so know the feeling well

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great finish!! and I will have to google economy binding... sounds interesting. I am glad you had quilting to comfort you thru the loss. Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss. Sewing can be a good therapy so I am glad you were still able to work on this pretty quilt. It will wrap someone in a quilty hug. And here is a hug for you().

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finish to honor the memory of your sister and bring comfort to a family facing loss as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet quilt finish! It will certainly comfort a grieving family. In case you are interested, you can still sign up for H2H so that this quilt donation will count toward the challenge, Judy. Sending quilty hugs to you, as you continue to deal with the loss of your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, economy binding is basically 1 1/4" single fold? How did you like that? Yours is a pretty bundle of colors. Purple Meadow is a panto I'd never heard or seen before. I love the coneflower look. Beautiful comfort quilt, Judy. Keep on quilting, through sorrow and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks and praise be at all times to the most holy and most holy sacrament of amen

    ReplyDelete