Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 17, 2020

ScrapHappy Saturday October 17.


 I woke up to wind and rain this morning and a charlie horse in my ankle. There is snow predicted, but not yet. It’s 6:30MDT.  Update: It is now 8:55 and it is snowing! Not sticking to the roads yet, but definitely on the grass and flowers. 

Some yellow was sewn this week! 


More hollow 9's 

One still under my needle!  That will make 5. I have been making mostly 5 blocks for each color of the month. Some months there were six! No plan yet!

I cut all the parts for 2 yellow Geese Migration blocks. They were to be the extra project at our all day sew yesterday!  They were not needed!  I spent way to much time visiting and sharing and giggling! 

So now they are ready for this week. 

My project #1 did not get finished either. First set of blocks... sew dark green strips to each side of two pieces, 7" by WOF!  Then subcut to 6 - 7" pieces.  ( 6x7 = 42") I had cut the selvages off the yard of fabric, then it did not equal 42 "! Only 40'5"!  So now I must decide how to correct!  I'm a bit bummed! 

So, sew with yellow and try to figure out how to remedy the problem with the 3 yard quilt! I bought a bundle, exactly 1 yard of 3 fabrics.....not extra! Not the LQS's fault!  I blame the pattern for not stating that the yardage must be 44" or don't trim the selvages!


I'm linking up with ScrapHappy Saturday!  Thanks Angela, for all that you do, to keep us color organized! 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!  






8 comments:

  1. chilly here but not like what you have -- chilly here means it is 55 degrees outside LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SNOW?!?! It's 60 degrees here. At least, you've got your sunny YELLOW sewing to work on today, Judy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No snow here, but I wonder if it's in the forecast?! It might be headed toward my son in N Platte, though. I think you must have had fun at your retreat, whether you accomplished much sewing or not! Frustrating about being a little short on fabric for your project - I've had that happen, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty yellow blocks - they will warm up a chilly day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No snow here but heavy duty winds. I'm tired of all the downed trees we have had to clean up this year.

    I had your Hollow Nines in my head when I was trying to figure out an alternate block. Now I've made some from my 30s scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always admired your hollow nine patch blocks, looking forward to seeing what you do with them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those hollow nine patches. Snow! I'm happy right now when it gets down to 70 overnight! I do miss snow, cold weather and jeans and sweaters so much. Bummer on the yardage issue, I agree, they should have mentioned the required length at the top of the directions. I'm sure you will come up with something to 'fix' it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow is not something I want to talk about LOL We've been having temp up and downs here in Kansas....downs to stay too soon for me.

    ReplyDelete