Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 31, 2020

Finished or Not Friday! This week a definite NOT!



I am linking this post to Alycia Quilts. 


Nothing has been finished this week. Some starts have been made.

I dug out the garlic knot blocks and put them on the design wall with the intent to rearrange them to a more pleasing setting. This is what I got!




Not more pleasing and not what was in my mind. And I noticed some ODD configuration of colors. Ummmm!  Back to the drawing board, sort of.

I fiddled and fiddled and finally it dawned on me what was the matter. Every other row doesn't change direction every block changes direction. So..... the first two columns are webbed and on the design wall. The rest of the blocks are in the project box, clipped in column order!  This will be completed in February!


Also there are 7 hollow 9-patches in the January color of light/bright green. 

And there are 2 geese migration blocks in green ... but I am unhappy with my execution of the geese parts.  More practice I guess.


And a start has been made toward digging through the orange scraps. In anticipation of February Rainbow Scrap Challenge.





Lately, finding sewing room time has been difficult. I keep trying, though.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy




7 comments:

  1. i think you are doing great! The knots look really good on your wall - in the photo it makes your eyes move nicely! And the greens - I think when more colors get added you will really like it more - I love the movement of dark to light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely green blocks and you have a LOT of Oranges there! Hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy, I really like your green blocks and from here the geese are flying south without any problems! The garlic knot blocks are interesting and look relatively easy to make. I'll have to keep those in mind (I like FMQ more than piecing, so my geese are always clipped and heading south west :-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your analogy of clipped and flying SW! 😆

      Delete
  4. Maybe not a finish, but progress is SEW good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your projects. Looking forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete