I got a few scrappy things done.
Three bow tie blocks in blues and a couple of just scrappy garlic knot blocks.
Also 2 blue Scrappy Sprout blocks:
And this project that I need your help on.
This is Wiggle Time in fabrics called Home Grown by Nancy Halvorsen. This first picture is on the design wall as I cut the fabric. No plan.
What do you think of the placement of color?
I thought, after looking at the photo..that the two darkest colors are at the bottom and that maybe there was a better way.
So here I moved the darker rose color to the top and moved the peachy to its place. Better?
Just overlook that the last peachy block is upside down. :( The blocks are sewn together into rows now and the placement is correct. I could move the colors around, they are not together into a flimsy, yet.
So, please give me your opinion. I love this pattern. Easy and quick. The pattern is extremely well written and the diagrams are wonderful. Even the coloring sheet that is included will be a help when I make this one AGAIN!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
I'll be linking up with Oh Scrap tomorrow morning after my laptop does it's Sunday Morning Scan. Then I'll be looking for your comments.







Well, I think I like the 1st array better...have fun choosing hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteThanks, it’s puzzling!
DeleteI love your Garlic Knots too - just saw some on another site a little bit ago - makes me want to make that pattern
ReplyDeleteThank you. I love making the garlic knots. As leaders and Enders, they add up fast!
DeleteI like your second layout better, lol! Oops, now you have conflicting opinions. No matter what you decide on, it will be a pretty quilt! I'm enjoying seeing Garlic Knots all over the place, too - they're on my list to make.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your input Diann. I may drive myself crazy rearranging!
DeleteThat wiggle time quilt is going to be cool no matter how you lay it out, but if it were mine, I’d want those color shifts to travel across the quilt rather than trying to balance them. So from top to bottom, I’d go with red, then coral, then yellow, then the lighter blue print, and then end with the darker blue on the bottom.
ReplyDeleteThere is an idea! I am going to try it and see! Thanks!
DeleteYes the was my first thought as to layout as well
DeleteI was drooling over your garlic knots and then I saw your Wiggle Time blocks. I recognize that pattern :)
ReplyDeleteI like your first layout but I might swap the last two rows. I really like that dark background. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap! And for buying my pattern!!
Love your garlic knots! I love making Wiggle Time too:) In fact I have one cut out right now. As I was looking at your first picture I thought of placing it just like you did in your second picture. Did you go ahead and finish it already?
ReplyDeleteThat penguin!!! How's your wiggle time coming along? I like Rebecca's advice, too.
ReplyDelete