Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Finished or Not Friday 6-21-19 and OMG for June



It's the First Day of Summer and:

The top is finished!  The pattern says it needs one more 4.5" border, the quilt and I disagree. I think it is busy enough!  The quilt says, " I am done!".  So now I will search for the perfect backing and send it off to the long arm quilter. This quilt is for my brother. He is retired and a sports fan extraordinaire.
He and my sister-in-law raised 2 wonderful boys that have become wonderful young men. He is a season ticket holding Vikings fan and he has coached and umpired Little League for many years. Late last November he had a heart attack. He survived, and is doing very well. He has lost 45 pounds and although he is not umping this year, he hopes to be back to it next year. I was gifted the blue baseball themed fabric and I immediately knew what it was meant to be. I will bind it with the dark fabric that is covered with baseballs and baseball bats. So it is not quite finished, but my OMG for June was to get the blocks made and the top put together. I call the OMG finished.



The sun finally was shining so, Mr Busy helped me put the quilt top on the back fence. The sun is behind me, hence the shadow!  He used some clamps from his shop, but did grab a napkin from the table for protection. I think I need my own "dedicated " clamps for hanging quilts, don't you?




It is almost too long for the fence! The quilt is 64 X 72!

I am linking up with Myra's Finished or Not Friday!

Update: I am linking this post to June Finish OMG post at Elm Street Quilts. 


I'm off to work on my Temperature Quilt and check out the other links for Finished or Not Friday.
Come join me!


Stay Busy and Stay Happy


4 comments:

  1. A lovely finish. The white block looks like it is floating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great top and a sure to be great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful top, it will make a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice quilt top! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your project.

    ReplyDelete