Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Week #4 - Red Saturday



I love seeing all the red blocks. I am especially drawn to the red Tiny Tuesday blocks. I waffled back and forth about whether to join in with Tiny Tuesday and finally just decided I had "too many irons in the fire" as my Dad used to say!  I will follow along though. They are so cute!

My red blocks have grown to 4  larger Bow Tie blocks, following the diagram and probable layout from Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun Than Housework.  I downloaded this diagram before Craftsy did it's thing.  You can go to her blog site and check out her patterns for sale. And there are lots of options to other bow tie blocks on Pinterest and all over the internet! I have a sort of plan for the bow tie blocks, I'll keep you posted.




Sprout blocks are out there too!  They have been on my radar for the last year of so. Traceyjay Quilts did a fabulous sprout quilt for her friend. Check out her blog too!  She has a link to a graphic on Flicker.     Sprout block mini tutorial here.  Or if you are really clever, you could probably draft one up on your own with graph paper and a photo. My blocks are 2.5" unfinished because I have a ton of those cut already! They end up being,  6.5" by 13.5" unfinished.

So today, my plan is to continue to work on the quilt for my sister. Mr Busy and I are going to an RV show and vendor sale and maybe he'll take me to lunch. A girl can always hope!!

Stay Busy and Stay Happy





I'll be linking up with So Scrappy Saturday at soscrappy
and Oh Scrap at Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework tomorrow.



5 comments:

  1. If I could make my own choice for Tiny Tuesday I would have joined in but they are not what I would want to make so I might do it on my own trying to use up more scraps -- I like how your red choices are going

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on refraining from the Tiny Tuesday blocks (and resemble that remark.) You've selected a couple of nice quilts to keep you occupied. Your RED blocks look GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sprout blocks. Such a nice scrap using block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Scrappy Sprouts blocks! I made a bunch of them last year in the color of the month and this year my goal is to figure out how to put them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your choice of blocks for your rainbow scrap challenge. Your reds are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete