Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 12, 2018

A Small Finish

We have been home for 4 days from our vacation. The laundry is done and I have spent most of the week preparing to attend a retreat next week in the beautiful Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming. I planned projects, thought about what clothes to pack.  It will be cold at night and we walk to the dining room. I called and confirmed my reservation.  But, I was a week too early. We don't go until the 22nd of this month.  Boy, am I glad I called and checked.

So I have another week to work on some projects, but not the ones packed and ready to go to retreat!

 I finished the binding on this little table runner Wednesday night while we watched Chicago Wednesday on television.




 It's kind of a funny little runner. I took a disappearing nine patch class at our state convention in 2017. The instructor gave us some fabric to sew into 2 nine patches so we could practice cutting, before we cut into the fabric for our project. That was cool. I sewed, and cut, but cut one wrong!  So I learned from my error, and went on to the class project after packing away the miscut block with the 2 that were correctly cut. When I dug it out again to finish it, I found some fabric that was close in color range and added a strip on to the short cut sides. Then I planned the layout so the repaired fabric would be at an edge and hopefully mostly covered by the binding. Then as you may notice, I did not have enough of any fabric that worked, to complete the binding.
Can you see the strips added to the top right hand block and the bottom near the red strip?

 So this miscut, mismatched table runner will be a utility runner on our coffee table with my Christmas Cactus sitting on top of it!! 😥






This was the class project: I like it much better!



I will link up with Myra at Busy Hands Quilting's   Finished or Not Friday.  and with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict's "Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?"

Stay Busy and Stay Happy



2 comments:

  1. If a utility quilt is something you use and love, this is perfect. Nice save, and a lovely class project as well. And I'm jealous--Wyoming is so beautiful! You will love it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat for you that you have a bonus week in your life!! Have fun at that retreat. I think your save of that table runner is so special—it’s just the kind of make-do designing we see in antique quilts we love. I can’t imagine, though, how you got from a nine-patch to the final project in that class. Disappearing nine-patches are hard for me to wrap my head around, but I like your project.

    ReplyDelete