Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 24, 2018

Harvest Table Runner - Fall is Back!

Finished Or Not Friday is a small one this week. A kitted tablerunner that was also my challenge for August for APQ ( All People Quilt) UFO Challenge.


It's almost a perfect fit for the coffee table in our family room. But I have 2 great grands who don't think anything should be on a table!  So it will not live there permanently. I think I will gift it to my sister-in-law! 

The pumpkins are pieced and the little houses are fussy cut from a piece of fabric. I did my usual wavy line quilting, but wonder if there should be more. I have a spool of multi-colored tan/orange/brown thread that I used and I like the way it blends and then doesn't.  A friend suggested big stitch quilting on the panel ends. See the whole photo above. The back has the panels on the end too, so outline stitching that would look fine on the front would not be good at all on the back.  I may give a bit of big stitch quilting a go. I will have to go shopping to locate some appropriate color and weight of thread. "darn"!!

Linking up to Busy Hands Quilts! 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy


1 comment:

  1. It is a bit cooler today here in Northern Virginia and seeing this lovely runner makes me yearn for fall.

    ReplyDelete