Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 23, 2018

OMG April final link up

My April OMG was to trim, square up and get the binding on my Snow Flurries quilt. IT IS DONE!






 Plus I added 3 triangles ( 9" squares folded twice and stitched in with the top binding)   This will be the hanging sleeve. You can't see them here, but I use 3 crystal snowflake buttons to hold down the points of the triangles. 


 I haven't decided how I will hang this quilt or just where. I am leaning toward behind the headboard of the queen bed in our guest room. This will necessitate a rod installed as close to the ceiling as Mr Busy will put it. I could hang it with a long dowel and a couple (at least 4) nails.  But I would prefer a pretty curtain rod. I will look to see what is available at Wal Mart or Home Depot. My only options in my small city. 

I will now start to add beads to some of the snowflakes. I have watched several You Tube videos on the technique to add beads to an already quilted item and not have the knots or threads show on the back. I will not use this quilt on a bed, ever!  But I still want it to be attractive and do the best that I can. It will take some time.  

Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Judy B
Elm Street Quilts April OMG Finish


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt!!! I love that border, it really enhances the quilt design. I will check back to see the beads attached, great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it first introduction to the pattern. It was a long time to this stage! Thanks for your comments...they will keep me on task to finish the beading! "giggle"

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the finish!! it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and commenting. It took me "forever"! Now to enhance with some beads....that'll probably take me forever too!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on meeting your goal! Very pretty quilt. Hanging it above the headboard will allow a place to admire it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! It's a different kind of winter quilt! I am so over winter, but this will look good in our guest room. Soft and soothing!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your finish. Love the hanging sleeve idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I especially like your borders. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt, I love it. Those blues and purples are very calming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the improv squares that make the border -so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to add those triangles for the hanging system, and I love your quilt! Congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your color choices for this quilt! The border is GREAT too!!

    ReplyDelete