My goal for August is to begin the challenge project for my group retreat in Ocotober. Some of you may remember that I posted a little about it. For those of you who are new to reading or don't remember.... this is all I can show because it is mostly a "secret"!
My group ( not really a guild, because we have no rules, no officers, no requirements!) is called Loose Threads. We meet monthly and every fall go to retreat at a Ranch/Hotel not far, but just far enough! Last year our challenge, due this October was presented. We each drew two crayons from a paper bag. Then we drew the name of a shape or object. Lastly, we drew a technique. I drew Red, Pink, Farm Animal and Crazy Quilting!
The butcher cut print out above is my inspiration piece. I am leaning toward a pig. When I think of pink/red farm animal, I think pig. Though Jeanine, my rancher friend reminded me that there are red chickens and red cows also! I also found the gray fabric when a friend in another group showed it on her facebook page. Nicole's daughter is very active in FFA ( Future Farmers of America) and she spotted this fabric at a South Dakota quilt store. I quickly asked which store, got on their website and ordered some. It will be the back of my project.
So there you have it! My August OMG is to decide, execute and get this project to the "needs to be quilted and bound" stage. Then I'll finish it in September. I have a busy August and a couple more challenges from other places due in August also.
I will link this post to Patty's blog post, One Monthly Goal - August Link-up!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy





What a great fun challenge. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!
ReplyDeleteSounds like so much fun, Judy. Can't wait to see how your quilt comes together!!!
ReplyDelete