Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 20, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

 




I'm joining Kathy @ Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching. What are you slow stitching today?


All my stitching projects are slow!  As it should be, I think. It does something to my mood as I methodically add cross stitches to this Winter SAL. This week I will continue on the Winter stitch. This is the week that has the 25th in it. 




And it's also enjoyable to stitch for the season. I did get some stitches placed on the Pumpkin House.





The sunflower has fern stitches and colonial knot in each inner petal and black beads in the center. There are a few stitches in the leaves and a few more to do. The creative stitches take a bit more concentration and thoughtfulness. It's a slow steady satisfying stitch. 


I know you all are getting tired of seeing my Slow Ptojects,  but I  should see some progress this week. I keep telling myself, it’s about the journey not the destination! 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!

7 comments:

  1. I agree, Judy - it's definitely about the journey and not the destination when we are stitching! I enjoyed seeing your progress on both projects. I don't know what a Colonial knot is - will have to look that one up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Such a beautiful stitching journey that we are on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never get tired of seeing your slow projects as they are so pretty. The Winter SAL is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of that deep teal aida fabric your are using for your winter piece - it dazzles. The pumpkin house if really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slow stitching is slow, just as the name implies. A little progress each week leads to a finished project, eventually! Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your projects, especially the winter one. I am longing for winter! I had to Google Colonial knot and just watched Mary Corbet make a few. I rather like it better than a French knot!

    ReplyDelete