Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 25, 2024

Table Scraps Challenge.

 


And




It’s the last weekend for October! You know what that means!  Table Scraps Projects are ready to be revealed. As I have done for all of 2024, I used my scraps in the color of the month. October’s color was light neutral, or browns. I did have lots of light scraps. I used some in my split nines. 



SOME of the rest were used to make crumb blocks. I didn’t really know where they were going. But because the prompt from  The Joyful Quilter was Cats….I had a thought. I checked my pattern notebooks. Some ideas were there. I checked the internet. Cat faces were there. I tried to draw my own! Oh my, where are the kids coloring books when you need them. I finally settled on Plan A 1.2! I watched videos!  




I downloaded this free pattern, then enlarged it to 125%.
I cut out a cat face from fusible interfacing and crumb fabric 2x.


I chose kitty paw print fabric for the back and cut two. How do I know these are kitty prints? The salvage says so! 

Two CUTE CAT COASTERS!   Back and front.

I topstitched around the outside edge after I turned and pressed them. Lots of seam allowances in crumb fabric. Sometimes it makes a mess on the underside! 😕  

Coasters for my Sunday morning coffee. You can’t have too many coasters! 


Linking up with The Joyful Quilter for Table Scraps Challenge  for October. 

And also Rainbow Scrap Challenge in the last Saturday in October. 

Come see what others made. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful,



6 comments:

  1. Those are sweet coasters! Love the fabric and your original design is really cute. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat coasters are a great way to use the crumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - you can't have too many coasters! Those are cute, Judy! Perfect for the cat theme this month and using up some crumb fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Those are SEW darling, Judy!! Thanks for playing along with the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy, those are great coasters! Enjoy your coffee :-)

    ReplyDelete