Some slow stitching may happen today. Kathy’s Quilts: Slow Sunday Stitching is the place to stop by and visit others stitching today!
I’m still working in small chunks of time on this cute wool pumpkin.
October x it looked like this. Today, there has been some progress. The fusible I used, was too heavy. It’s difficult pushing the needle through the 3 layers of wool that make up the windows. But they are almost done.
And I’ve hit a snag on my Equality Sampler. The called for fabric I’d 36 count linen. Stitched 1 over 2. I did want to purchase new fabric, I have a stash. So I coffee/tea dyed a piece of ivory 18 count Aida. It worked well, until it came to the lettering. It’s stitched 1 over 1! On linen, doable! On Aida, not so much. I haven’t kept track of my time, but it’s been lots of hours! So do I stop, purchase some linen and begin again? Or go forward and try to figure out a different way to stitch the lettering? I’m undecided!


Your little pumpkin house is so cute! Keep going! Someday I'm going to have to sit down with another cross-stitcher so I can see what is meant by stitching 1 over 1, etc. I've only stitched on Aida, so no experience with linen. Hope you don't have to start the sampler over!
ReplyDeleteYour pumpkin is adorable! I have no idea what "1 over 1" means, but I hope you can figure it out. It looks beautiful so far.
ReplyDeleteYour wool pumpkin is coming along nicely! Peter Pumpkin Eater's home, maybe? I don't know what to say about your cross stitch. But you're the boss of it, and I'm sure you have an inclination of what to do.
ReplyDeletepumpkin house! so precious! good job Judy
ReplyDeleteI love Plum Street Samplers. This one is gorgeous, Judy.
ReplyDelete