Because I turned the RSC upside down this year, by finishing UFO’s , I guess I’ll spend the “ Finishing Months” starting something new. Actually it’s a kit from my stash so I guess it’s actually a ufo also. 😀
The kit was given to me and it’s all fallish!
There are pumpkins and sunflowers, leaves and a wild floral!
The pattern photo showed a plaid pumpkin. I’m a plaid lover! But no plaid fabric was included in this particular kit. So I went to my brown+ fall basket, and voilà! I found a plaid that will be perfect.
It will certainly be colorful!
In reading the pattern, I think I found an error. I logged on to the website but the kit is no longer available. I did not contact the shop. I’ll just start putting it together, step by step and see what happens. The error is definitely fixable. The pattern says make 4 stems for the leaves. I count 8 leaves, so 8 stems. No big deal. The only problem is it needs a bias tape maker for the stems and I don’t own one. I’ll put out the word, I’m sure someone in my group has one I can borrow. Or I’ll hit JoAnns.
I’m linking up with Angela and others at So Scrappy for Scrap Happy Saturday. Come on over!


I love Fall prints with leaves and pumpkins and sunflowers! That will be fun to work on, Judy. Take a look at Carole's maple leaf directions - she has you cut a diagonal through a background square and sew a narrow piece for the stem in between the two triangles - so easy and no bias tape needed. Maybe that would work for your leaf blocks.
ReplyDeleteI love fall and all things fall! This is going to be one cute quilt!
ReplyDeleteLove the fabrics for your new project.
ReplyDeleteLovely fabrics and pretty project. These stems look like a square with a strip pieced in the middle, maybe an alternative if you can't find a bias maker?
ReplyDeleteI love the kit fabrics - have fun with it!
ReplyDeleteThat will make a lovely fall quilt. The colors are so warm and cozy.
ReplyDeleteHaha - I LOVE that logic!!! Go you!! its a great project!
ReplyDelete