Next week, Tuesday through Thursday one of my sewing groups is having a mini retreat. We will sew at our Library, but go home every evening! Lots of us like this arrangement. Some have partner, or grandchildren or pet responsibilities.
I have had this kit in my stash for over a year. I decided that I needed a new, not UFO project. My sewing mojo has been lacking in the recent weeks. Maybe this will kickstart my creativity again.
My goal is to cut, and piece this top. It’s only 28”x28”, so it is doable. And the kit included fabric for backing and binding! A real plus!
I've started some of the cutting, but I didn't start til yesterday, 11-2-23. So I'm sure it still counts for November OMG.
I'm linking up with Anne-Marie at Stories from the Sewing Room.


Good luck with your goal and enjoy your day retreat!
ReplyDeleteYes best of luck with this goal which as you say seems very doable. I like the idea of a kit...one of my daughters said to me maybe this is what I should be looking at going forward...when I was complaining about the sewing room mess and scraps management, etc. That retreat sounds ideal to me.
ReplyDeleteI would like that kind of retreat! Your kit project looks perfect for a November project, too. I really like that sunflower print!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous looking Fall quilt, all the best with it.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great way to restart the sewjo. I love the quilt day retreat idea. I may have to steal that idea to do with some of my friends.
ReplyDelete