Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 2, 2023

I LIKE Thursday ~ 11-2


I’m joining LeeAnna and friends for I LIKE Thursday at Not Afraid of Color.


for November 2 2023: 

  1. Would you rather go on a hayride or visit a corn maze?

    Because, just thinking about sitting in a wagon filled with hay makes me sneeze, and because I’ve never done a corn maze, I think I’d chose corn maze.

have you ever done either one? do you have stories to tell? 


We used to go on hayrides a lot with my church youth group. MYF (Methodist Youth Fellowship)was a big part of my life as a teen. I don’t remember any specific stories about a particular hayride, but we always had fun and I always felt accepted.

Just a few additional LIKES today. 

My holiday cactus is blooming it’s heart out. I’m afraid it will be all done by the time Thanksgiving gets here. But it is pretty and it makes me smile. 



I finally gathered all the ingredients to try these cookies. Diann at Little Penguin Quilts shared the recipe. I can’t find it again in her posts, but they sounded good to me. And they are! 


The print out gives credit for the recipe to Bernice Williams from Illinois. She calls them Bundles! 

Diann tells me she doesn’t think she sent me this recipe. So if you did, please let me know! I am obviously a forgetful old lady!






Today we try doing the MRI again for Mr. Busy. He will be under anesthesia, so his claustrophobia won’t kick in. Fingers crossed for a good report. 

I’ll leave you with the other half of my Boo Crew from Halloween night in Arizona. 


Our granddaughter, her partner and their youngest, as Gomez, Morticia and Wednesday from the Addams Family. 
 
And Wednesday again, with Cousin Itt, her older brother. ⤵️



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



7 comments:

  1. That's a fabulous Christmas cactus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! I really needed to see that meme you started your post with today. There IS always something to be grateful for. Always. What fabulous Halloween costumes! I just adore Wednesday - well, all of the Addams Family. Happy Thursday, friend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. MRI is hard hard hard... panic worthy. LOVE the addams family!!! the cookies sound good, anything orange flavored for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies look yummy! I'm not sure I'm the one who shared them, but I'd definitely eat them! I'm so sorry Mr. Busy had trouble with the MRI - I think he's not the only one who does, though. Glad there is a solution to help him with it. We'll all be sending good thoughts. The Addams Family costumes are awesome - they did a great job with those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had debated about going as Wednesday this year. I love your addams family! Corn mazes are fun! Or at least the ones I have done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Mr Busy, I relate on the claustrophobia. I used to almost have to hypnotize myself back in the 1980s when I used to have them regularly. Anesthesia would have been helpful! Praying for a good outcome for him. The cookies look yummy. Are those your notes on the recipe about soaking the Grape Nuts?

    ReplyDelete