Some likes for this week!
I made a Zucchini Cake with a large zucchini from a friend's garden. Wish I’d taken a photo when it was just out of the oven. But today, it looks like this!
Clearly we are enjoying it!! Vanilla ice cream is good with it. As is whipped topping or cream cheese icing!!
We partied on Monday, Labor Day! It was our great grandson’s 9th birthday! Unbelievable! Just family, but his Grandma, they call her YaYa, played Wii games with him most of the day! There was cake and ice cream. Except he didn’t want ice cream. Silly boy!
This was on the sidewalk by my back gate! A gift from my neighbor. Received on the day after I learned a dear friend and fellow quilter, stitcher and breast cancer survivor had passed away. She had diabetes and was in kidney failure. We will all miss her very positive attitude and deep faith.
Clouds: photos from my camera roll in no particular order~~
The sun changes, the clouds lift!
Early morning fog or low clouds?
Winter in N. California. sunrise!
Split layer clouds at Mt Shasta! ↑
N Calif! ↑
![]() |
| August 13 Veteran's Memorial |
![]() |
| Devil’s Tower WY June 1st |
The vistas are fabulous…but almost always clouds!
![]() |
| January 15th |
My most recent cloud photo! Taken during a Fun Fly at the Sagehoppers Airfield in Gillette. That’s a radio controlled aircraft in front of the cloud!
Not many clouds in the sky that day! Just a few! August 27th
















Great cloud photos! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend passing. How kind of your friend to leave the flower for you. Your zucchini cake looks wonderful and we know that because it is almost gone! Have a good weekend Judy!
ReplyDeletewowza I just loved the cloud show!!! Reminded me that somethings are always there even when we can't see them momentarily like your mountain. So sorry about your loss...
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful views from your son's place, but I really love your Wyoming views, too! Especially the view of Devil's Tower - that's a beautiful photo. Glad the party was fun! I don't usually like ice cream on my cake either. And yum on the zucchini cake!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear of your friend's death. It's hard to say goodbye to good friends. Your views are amazing - thanks for sharing all of the lovely photos!
ReplyDeleteWow! Gorgeous photos!
ReplyDeleteWow - I love all those cloud photos. I'm sorry about your friend. It's a lovely sunflower you were given.
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat group of cloud photos. I didn't think there would be so much snow in California either. Sorry about your friend as well and what a pretty sunflower.
ReplyDeleteWhat gorgeous cloud photos! Your zucchini cake looks delicious. Would you believe my husband likes his with butter on top? I love it for breakfast with my coffee.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your friend.
Whoa, that airplane against the clouds!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about your friend. Glad to hear she had deep faith.