Last week I shared a finish. this week I worked on arranging the Growing Up Odd blocks and getting started putting them into rows.
This is too big for my design wall. Or maybe my design wall is too small?
Also this top from last week is now a quilt.
It is 3 layers. Top/batting/back. I haven't shown the backing yet and I still just love it. Elephants in dark blue, purple and a bit of green. I say they are Asian elephants because of the oriental front. *smile*.
So now to get the binding on. We have “snow” predicted, so there will be sewing time. I'll have another finish soon. Wahoo!!. I’m linking up with Alycia for Finished or Not Finished Friday




Hi Judy, Love those scrappy blocks. The white borders frame them perfectly. No I don't have a design "wall" that is big enough for when a top starts to really grow. I'm using those plastic, felt backed tablecloths from the dollar store. Anyway, that elephant fabric caught my eye. I keep wanting to stitch an Elephant pattern for the younger grandson. I'd better get on that!
ReplyDeleteI'm watching the "wintry mix" from the breakfast table here. 🥴 Two finishes on the horizon - good for you! I love Frames - such a neat design. The backing is perfect for it!
ReplyDeleteI recognized the Growing up Odd project from your thumbnail. I have made one too - it is a top, not quilted. Good luck on finishing.
ReplyDeleteYour design wall is definitely too small haha!!
ReplyDeleteI love that Oriental quilt! and the elephant fabric is so cool!!
No design wall here!
ReplyDeleteI've had Growing Up Odd bookmarked for a long time - a great scrap buster. Good for you for getting this far with it.
The other quilt is so unusual. I just love it.
Lovely quilts
ReplyDeleteLast week's top design speaks to me the way the geometry gives the eye places to frolic, move around like in a playground.