My table scraps challenge started a tad bit late! We were still in California through the 9th of the month and traveling until the end of day, the 12th. Then there was unpacking and laundry and settling into a routine. So I started my dumping my red scrap bucket!
Not a lot of promise.
I finally found a print that filled the bill! Did I take a photo? No! I was on a mission. My original thought was a mug mat for the small table by my chair upstairs. I used the Dandy Candy pattern as a jumping off point. Snowman fabric rectangles and scrappy white rectangles. I didn’t like it, so I added to it to make a small rectangle. Still no pictures!
What’s with that, Judy?
When I thought it was ok, I went looking for a backing. I didn’t want it to be green! Too Christmas-y! As I was digging through my gold/ yellow basket I happened on this one.
Right then and there a decision was made for the backing and to bind it in the feature fabric. I cut 2.25” strips and voilà!
Thanks for the snowman prompt, Joy and the red prompt, Angela at RSC22. I’ll link up with Table Scraps Challenge at The Joyful Quilter, and Finished or Not Finished Friday at Alycia Quilts on the 28th and also
ScrapHappy Saturday on the 29th.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!

I am so glad you got back safe and sound!!
ReplyDeleteAnd your table scraps is so cute!! YES!!! use if for D-Fence!!!!! That would be hilarious!!!
nice table runner - I like that stitch for quilting - I did a table runner with that one once - don't machine quilt often but when I do that is the one I like to use
ReplyDeleteGreat takeoff from Dandy Candy, Judy!!! It looks so good with your Pothos! BTW, is that a new pothos? I was given a neon pothos 3 years ago and it has become a huge jungle in itself! I need to learn how to divide and conquer it.
ReplyDeleteyou did a great job on your table topper using both red and snowmen!
ReplyDeleteI had to chuckle at the football deFence reference. You are too funny! Love your snowman runner.
ReplyDeleteGreat use for the cute snowman fabric:)
ReplyDeletePerfect. I love to use that wavy quilting motif on lots of thing. It's my go-to quilt pattern.
ReplyDeleteROFL!! DE-FENCE!!! Personally, I'm in love with the adorable snowman in the earflap hat. Do you think my DH will be jealous?
ReplyDeleteI love your table topper! I love when I make good use of my fabric stash. I love FBI night! I discovered them over the summer and love watching them!
ReplyDeleteJudy, that's so cute! The snowmen on red background are about the most perfect print you could have found for this month's challenge. Your plant looks great on this topper, too - I love the contrast of green against the red and white.
ReplyDeleteYou have certainly risen to the challenge....red and snowmen. Well done.
ReplyDeleteYou found the perfect snowman fabric for the challenge, and your table topper is beautiful, Judy!
ReplyDeleteRed and snowmen, what fun. Such a pretty finish, and already put to good use. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteDE-FENCE! I laughed so hard! Seriously, though, your runner is super cute in that snowman print and the white. Wintery but not Christmasy, i.e. perfect!
ReplyDeleteLove the plant on top, the ladder? A few of us will be able to make a ladder for boys who want a fire engine quilt. So a happy creative moment, it s a design opportunity! Stay safe and warm. Have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteIt is very pretty. The pattern has a lot of possibilities.
ReplyDeleteI love your table topper! It’s just perfect for wintertime. It also reminds me that I want to go out and go houseplant shopping. I’m having January garden withdrawals!
ReplyDelete