Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Another Scrap Basket to add to the crowd!






I finally had some time to sew. I’ve been working at using up my previously made crumb blocks to make scrap baskets. I decided  late , so I started in early May with that month's color - Dark Green. 






Then I decided to continue because I have the crumb blocks, or most of them and will go back and catch up with the other month's colors. Joy from The Joyful Quilter commented on my May 9th post that she too needed a dark green basket. So I challenged her. She came through. See her post here. In fact she went an extra mile and did a "bigger boat". See that post.


 January..Light or Bright Green.  Finished May 22nd




And February..Orange. Finished  May 24th



Next was Teal for March.  I sort of went lighter, toward aqua and turquoise. 

I posted about this on May 29th. And that's when Joy made a comment, that I needed to make a light blue one. She already had a light blue one, but needed a dark blue one.  And sort of threw down a gauntlet!  I responded that I did already have a light blue one on deck but would meet her challenge of a dark blue one plus a pink one to be done by the end of June.  (June's color is PINK!)

So here is my light blue basket in progress 


And finished! 




and just finished Tuesday afternoon....a dark blue one. 

















Now, Angela has not selected a month for dark blue and maybe she won't. But if she does, I'll be ready and of course I will do a geese migration block and some hollow 9-patches too. 


This week, I had to opportunity to pick up what I thought was a just box of old jeans from a friend to give to another friend. When I arrived at Kari's garage, she also had a whole tote of fabric. Purple on top.....I can't resist purple, so I came home with yards and yards of fabric. Some good, lots really good and most in pieces big enough for partial backing. Don't tell Mr. Busy... he thinks I'm trying to downsize!!!!

I'm beginning my pink sewing this week and will continue to the end of June. I purchased 2 1-yard pieces of two different shades of pink solid, for the geese migration blocks. I am always short of solids and have none in the pink and yellow range. Well, now I have pink, but no yellow solid. 



1 comment: