Saturday, December 21, 2019
ScrapHappy Saturday
It’s almost the last Saturday of 2019! A new decade starts in a few days! What will 2020 bring? I pray that peace, love, kindness and hope are involved!
I promised to show my one completed RSC19 project. I worked on bow tie blocks in a Rainbow colors. The backgrounds are scrappy too! I’ve named my quilt, “We Switched to Chevy”. In late November, 2018, we bought a new car. A black Equinox. It’s a Chevrolet! I love it, it’s only the second brand new car we have owned in 55 years of marriage. No doubt it will be the last!
In early 2019 , I started seeing commercials that used the “we switched to Chevy “ tagline. The Chevy emblem on the grill is referred to as a bowtie! My quilt idea was born! This quilt will be a car quilt. To throw over my knees if the A/C is too chilly, to spread on a bench if we stop for a meal, whatever.
The backing is dark so the dirt won’t show so badly! I had to piece the backing, there was a post about that snafu a couple of weeks ago. The binding is left over scraps from the main backing fabric.
I also worked on the Tiny Tuesday blocks and some Scrappy Spouts. Neither of those are to a point of completion. Maybe my TT blocks will be one of the first UFO's I work on for the new year.
I'm linking up with Angela's ScrapHappy Saturday post.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Labels:
Bowtie Blocks,
OMG Event,
RSC19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




love your BowTie Quilt it turned out wonderful - have a great Christmas
ReplyDeleteWhat a great name for a happy quilt! Happy 2020!
ReplyDeleteWonderful looking Bow Tie quilt and just the thing for your Chevy car. Great finish!My RSC Bow Tie quilt was made as a car quilt too.
ReplyDeleteONE Rainbow Scrap Challenge finish is better than none. It turned out SEW well, too! :o))
ReplyDeleteA good choice for the Rainbow Scrap challenge. Well done.
ReplyDeleteThis turned out just great, Judy! I love the purpose for it, too. I bet you'll get a lot of use out of it!
ReplyDeleteWe bought our first brand-spanking new car after 24 years of marriage. The next one came 8 years later followed by 9 years later. We've now been married 41 years and I'm pretty sure that's it for us too. Love your bow-tie quilt and I'm sure it'll bring you many happy memories in your travels through life!
ReplyDelete