October color is dark: browns, blacks, greys
I already made black Bow Tie blocks for my "We Switched to Chevy" quilt! There are 8 black blocks here.
And the first Tiny Tuesday block:
When you cut for tiny blocks, sometimes you can't include all the fabric= (Cho)colate!
Then I did one more purple sprout block, because all the pieces were already cut and ready to go.
I wasn't sure I wanted to make brown/black/gray scrappy sprout blocks....but I have a large basket of brown fabric. Some yardage, some fat quarters, some scraps. So I dove in, cut 2.5" squares, 2.5" strips of light and dark to make HST and some neutral 2.5" squares. Two done and they aren't too bad!
My first week of brown is in the books. Not sure about more brown/gray/black sprouts, but I can always do some string blocks.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
I'll link this post to Angela's ScrapHappy Saturday link up party as soon as she posts in the morning. It's 8PM in Wyoming and it's raining. No snow yet, so that's a plus. Tomorrow is our local NEW (North East Wyoming) Quilt Show. I entered 2 small quilts. I'll try to remember to take photos of the spectacular ones and post them next week.







Your chocolate block is so fun! The neat thing is that we know that's what it says even if all the letters aren't there! Your bowties and sprouts are looking great, too. I even love the sprouts in brown!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great design for your RSC Bowties!!
ReplyDeleteI want to eat that chocolate block. It looks like the good stuff!
ReplyDeleteThe bow-tie blocks are lovely. And just as Janine said, the chocolate block is droolworthy. I love the leaves too. Since we are in fall, the colors work perfectly for the season.
ReplyDeleteWow Judy beautiful blocks ,lovely work,thankyou for sharing them with us xx
ReplyDelete