Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 19, 2018

Slab Blocks Are Green and Wonky

We are home from nearly 2 weeks of road trip and visiting our 2 kids. Our son lives in Phoenix and our daughter lives in Lakewood Colorado.

We had a great time visiting, celebrating birthday and seeing extended family. Two of our great grands live in Phoenix too!.

I finally had time to pull some dark or sage green and make some slab blocks for RSC18.



These have not been trimmed to size yet. I am still on the fence as to what size I want them.  You see that pumpkin peeking at the edge.?

I have been wanting to do this quilt for a long time. It is Halloween Haberdashery from Melissa Mortenson of Polka Dot Chair. So when she had it on sale and was offering a quilt along, I purchased the pattern. I thought I had lots of Halloween fat quarters. And enough low volume fabric for background.



I printed the pattern, because I purchased a PDF from her website. And gathered my fabrics. This is what I accomplished before we left for vacation. 


I think I will just work on it a bit at a time. The pattern is somewhat time consuming for the hats. And maybe I'll end up with a smaller quilt than the pattern.  So another WIP to add to my list. And I need to gather more low volume prints in white with black or gray. It won't be done for this Halloween, but maybe next year. 

That's all for this week and next week is our retreat. I should have lots of photos to show at least! "smile"


Stay Busy and Stay Happy
ps: we listened to two audio books on our road trip. Both Michael Connelly , Bosch series.  The Wrong Side of Goodbye and The Burning Room were both really good and both read by Titus Welliver (  actor who played Bosch on the Netflix series)


4 comments:

  1. I love the sage green/ dark green blocks! that color is very in right now for home decor in my world. I also really liked your feed back on the pattern, it is nice to know what one is getting into before getting into it. lol Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Halloween quilt is going to be fabulous! Cute fabrics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blocks will like seeing the finish to your green ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halloween Haberdashery? That's a new one for me. TOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete