Saturday, January 27, 2018
ScrappyHappy Saturday
As if I didn't have enough challenges and goals this year. I have decided to follow Angela's from So Scrappy, prompts about color each month and make some scrappy slab blocks. I have no real plan for a quilt, but hope for a rainbow kind of look at the end. I ran out of light blue, the color pick for January. But I did get 4 blocks, approximately 10 1/2 inches. Plus there is the beginning of a fifth. I'll add to it as I acquire or maybe cut more light blue. I am kind of protective of fat quarters and don't really want to chop them up. But I have been gifted several bags of scraps recently, so there may be some light blue hiding in those bags! (fingers crossed!)
I'm linking up with ScrappyHappy Saturday on Angela's blog. Come join her RSC18. See her blog or click the button on the sidebar here.
Wondering what the color for February will be? Will I have enough scraps to make 4+ blocks?
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Not enough scraps?? Amazing!! Your blocks are beautiful, and your fabrics too. I wonder also about the next color, how exciting!!
ReplyDeleteI have lots of scraps it seems, but my light blue is a little "light".:)
DeleteWell good for you! Those scrappy slab blocks come in handy, use up scraps and will make a fun quilt at the end of the year. Welcome to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog.
DeleteYou slab blocks are coming along nicely. I’m sure that more light blue scraps will turn up same day. There always seem to be more scraps no matter how many get used.
ReplyDeleteI am sure you are correct. Thanks for commenting.
DeleteThose are some cheerful blues!
ReplyDeleteThanks. I think so too.
DeleteWelcome to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, a colorful place to play with our fabric scraps!!! You've made a nice start.
ReplyDeleteI hope to make a dent in my scrap bins.
DeleteSlabs are always a good choice for scraps! I made some last week! Aren't they fun?
ReplyDeleteThey are fun....to rediscover fabric I forgot about.
DeleteGreat start to your rainbow quilt. Yes Light blue is a little challenging to have enough scrap for me too. I had lots of dark blue, so used some Dark too.
ReplyDeleteI noticed that on your post. Your blocks are lovely.
DeleteThese are great slabs and hopefully you'll find a few hidden pieces of blue somewhere!
ReplyDeleteThanks, and guess what? As I was looking for some lavenders and purples for February....I found a few more blues!! Whoo Hoo!
ReplyDeleteWhat a soothing blue!!! I love dark and bright colors. It would be a challenge to find the lights in my stash. The RSC has so many possibilities. I am sure you will have fun.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to receive gift bags of scraps from other quilters! It is always so much fun to dig in.
ReplyDeleteThese are such wonderfully calm blues. They will make a pretty quilt.
ReplyDelete