Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year First Book of 2018!






I have participated in this event for the last couple of years. So I wanted to be a part of it again. This book is one that was chosen by my book club, Page Turners. We will discuss it on the 3rd Tuesday of January. I am not sure, just yet, how I feel about it. Stories about this time in history always depress me. Even though I did enjoy "All The Light We Cannot See", "The Book Thief", "Sarah's Key", "Fall of Giants", and "The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" I find them hard to read. I have to take breaks pretty often. 


I am only on page 81, but I like the character development.  The quick synopsis from Goodreads, says, " Inspired by the life of a real World War II heroine, this debut novel reveals a story of love, redemption, and secrets that were hidden for decades." I am hoping for some feel good parts. 

I just looked at Sheila's post and there are lost of good book suggestions. I'll be making a list and trying to read some of them this year. My Goodreads goal is 30 books, that should be doable even with my added sewing/quilting challenges. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Judy

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. I chose my Christmas present, The sun and her flowers. My book club will probably choose this, I haven't heard of Lilac Girls, historic fiction is not my genre of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. I wish you good luck with the reading. I once was in love with historical fiction, but lately have read all our library has to offer for certain authors. I wasn't thrilled with the local book club's choices. My goal this year is to sew more and craft more.

    ReplyDelete