Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

OMG = One Monthly Goal - May

GET ON THE STICK!
That's something my mom would have said!

I was sort of stymied as to what should be my OMG for May!.  I have several Challenge groups but have been chipping away at them since the first of the year. But this one has not been started, except to "know that I want to do it", " purchased some fabric and a pattern", " then changed my pattern idea", omg......just get started, Judy!

Our son turns 50 this fall. He is the only one of my immediate family that I have not made a quilt for. And I have made several for nephews, nieces, nephew's and niece's kids, friend's babies and grandbabies, former co-worker's babies....you get the picture!

So I was smitten with fabric from Cheryl Arkison  called Tag. I purchased it from Connecting Threads. ( I have no affiliation with Cheryl, or Connecting Threads). I first came upon Cheryl's name, through Amanda Jean Nyberg. They co-authored "Sunday Morning Quilts"


I bought a kit for a quilt using a pattern called Arithmetic.  It is black, grey and white. Urban in feel. Our son has recently relocated to downtown Phoenix. He is an IT Department Manager for a large retail company, specializing in inventory control.


I liked the pop of color in this version of the pattern. I hoped it would not be too pink. But when I received it, it is definitely a pink-ish melon. So that sort of stopped me. What could I substitute?

 This copy of the pattern from Jeni Baker called Arithmetic, came with the kit. This original pattern is very busy!  Not usually my thing!  But I have been doing some "outside the box" projects lately.

I have used the pattern to make a baby quilt for my newest great nephew. You can read my post about that one here.


Recently, I began seeing blogs featuring quilts from Modern Plus Sign Quilts. When I saw Intertwined, I knew that was the pattern. I ordered the book. 

 




But now I need a light background, maybe a really light solid gray, or silver, or pewter. I don't have a lot of experience with solids, I will have to go to my little LQS and see what she has. And I need another contrast color, not pink!  This pattern shows a fabric called Grafic by Latifah Saafir. I love it. The green brick fabric is called Sulfur.


My OMG for May is to cut the blocks for this quilt, and purchase the fabric for the background. If I get it to the flimsy stage, so much the better.

I am linking this post up with Patty's May OMG Goal Setting link up


Stay Busy and Stay Happy

2 comments:

  1. Great pattern. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised that your son let you get away without making him a quilt for so long. Did he not complain or whine that he was cold. Paul did till I made him one. The Tag is a very chic, modern collection. I suggest red instead of pink, but bright green or turquoise would look perfectly manly too.

    ReplyDelete