Saturday, November 22, 2014

Saturday Snapshot Projects , projects, projects.



Saturday Snapshots is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads. Log on to her blog, read the rules and share your photos.

The first 3 days of the week, I attended at Quilt Retreat at The Ranch at Ucross. The weather was beautiful, even though the prior week it was below zero every day. This is the view past the dining hall looking toward the sleeping rooms.
 Below is looking south from the dining hall. They have an old buckboard in the front yard. The trees are definitely bare and winter has begun. The snow was melting in the bright sunshine.
 This is the old ranch house that was remodeled into the  dining room, bar and some rooms upstairs. There is a wrap around deck that would be awesome in the spring and summer, a little too cold for us this November.

Now for some of the quilts and quilted projects that were constructed over the two days. 


I made this tiny Christmas quilt from 2 packs of 5" squares. It is really busy and will have a border before I quilt it. 
 This is a kaleidoscope quilt pieced by my friend Carol. All the centers were cut from the same fabric and put back together in different configurations.
 Eileen is one of our ranch women. Her house is western in decor and so this Christmas Boot table runner will be right at home on her dining room table.
 Jeanine had tons of Christmas fabric scraps and pieced this Scrap Crazy quilt using a set of templates from Creative Grids.

 Kathy is our professional long arm quilter and she is very creative. This is Christmas bird fabric that she cut apart, then machine appliqued to cream squares . She designed a blue and red sashing with 9 patch corner stones.
 Lynn embroidered these 6 snowmen scenes then pieced them into a darling little quilt. Someone very lucky is going to be the recipient of this special quilt.
 Maggie paper pieced the center spruce tree, then appliqued the bottom and the top for this table runner. Very elegant, don't you think?


This is only about 1/3 of the projects that were begun, completed or worked on while we sewed for 3 days.  The staff  waited on us hand and foot, the food was top notch and they kept us supplied with coffee, tea and plenty of bottles of water. We had a great time and have already reserved our rooms for next year.



Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




18 comments:

  1. What a lot of work you all did in those three days- it sounds a wonderful break away too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilts! I love how each one has its unique design. The kaleidoscope quilt is a fascinating process, isn't it? Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all very different quilters. One day I will have the courage to do a kaleidoscope quilt! :)

      Delete
  3. They all look awesome. I find it amazing that you can finish your quilts so quickly. It takes me forever for me to finish mine and i feel like the world's slowest sewer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Some of the quilters are very fast and accurate. I had all my fabric cut, that helps a lot.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is always fun to get away with wonderful friends.

      Delete
  5. I can't believe you've had snow already. Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and this is not the first snow. We had 4 inches in September!

      Delete
  6. If I ever go on a quilting retreat, this is the place I want to visit! I know you had a great time and accomplished a lot. I enjoyed the variety of quilts you showed on your post today. Each one reflects the quilter's personality and is so beautifully constructed. Your quilt has inspired me to use up some of my Christmas fabric scraps.
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog post today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra. I loved your quilt on your post today too.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful place to do quilting. I am a bit jealous, looks like a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice. We watched rabbits and lots of white tailed deer as we sewed.

      Delete
  8. Such clever, creative, patient folks!
    Well done - a two day creative retreat sounds delightful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have great fun, sharing ideas, and sometime even bits of fabric.

      Delete
  9. Oh, I do wish I had the patience to stitch quilts... My Snapshot, which is very late, is at http://chriscross53.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/mushroomy-things.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admired quilts from afar for a long time, before I jumped it and took a class.

      Delete