After reading Diann’s MidWeek Maker post I decided I’d better get a move on and pick my center block. I have lots of stitchery pieces that are not yet Fully Finished. And I’ve always admired Diann’s SAHRR wall hangings. So I decided to use one.
“Make Do ….and mend” is a hand embroidered sewing machine . Although I don’t necessarily like to mend, I like the idea of it. To use what you have, to make something useful again. I will trim it to 8.5” to start. I hope that will help keep it to a medium wall hanging size.
In 2024 I used an embroidered block and I wasn’t as pleased with it
as I was with my 2025 SAHRR.
I’m hoping I can combine the two techniques and be pleased with this attempt also.
I’m posting over at Quilting Gail, in between plays of the Bronco game. Come see what others have chosen.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



This will make a splendid center block for your SAHRR this year...
ReplyDeleteHugs, Julierose
Your centre block is great! It's good to hear you're joining in the SAHRR '26 again this year! Loved seeing your previous SAHRRs! Thank you for joining in the fun and linking up!
ReplyDeleteI loved Rudy, and your 2025 SAHRR, too! That sewing machine block will be cute for the center this year. I'm excited to get started!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to seeing your little stitchery surrounded by borders! Diann has some good inspiration on her blog!
ReplyDeleteHi Judy, good luck with your 2026 centre block. Adding colour to the piece will probably make it great.
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely centre block :)
ReplyDelete