Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 18, 2024

What? It’s Friday?!

 


I don’t know where my week went! OMG I completely forgot about posting I LIKE Thursday! 

If you haven’t already, go to Not Afraid of Color and check out our hostess LeeAnna post about likeable things. Then click on links to other blogger’s posts about good things in their life. 


This morning we woke up to snow! 



It’s not sticking to the roads and sidewalks yet. It has been warm most of the week. But it’s good news for the awful fires in our Big Horn Mountains. 


 This week i finished the October Pumpkin on my Woven Wreaths project from Kathy Schmitz! 


And I ordered the Countdown to Christmas box from Missouri Star. It arrived! I’ll share what’s inside, beginning Dec 1st. Other friends tell about having to hide it in the closet so they won’t PEEK! I like surprises, and anticipation! I’ll be fine! 

This week I baked an Apple Crostata. I had 2 honey crisp apples that needed to be used before my grocery order came. This particular recipe came from Weight Watchers and used plums. Not much sugar and some seasoning and it’s awesome. I did have part of a can of commercial apple pie filling that I added to the one this week. 


Wednesday and Thursday we had a crew come and trim six of our trees. The one above was the biggest and the most invasive and stressed. The arborist recommended its removal. So now it is gone! ⤵️



The above photo isn’t the final, they took it a lot closer to the ground. It looks naked, but more sun next year for flowers and maybe some vegetables. We may have to paint our side of the neighbors fence! 

And I got a haircut this week too! Really just a trim. Trying to grow it out a little. No photo! You know I’m camera shy! 

This week LeeAnna asked about pumpkin carving. We haven’t carved pumpkins in many years. But our grandchildren carry on the tradition. And I have a young friend who is a wonderful carver of pumpkins!

These are some he’s done in the past. 



BOO! 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful! 







2 comments:

  1. I can remember in 2020 when we were so glad to see snow in October because of the terrible fires here. Fingers crossed that it helps Wyoming! I won't tell my DH about it, though - he's already complaining about winter. I bet your Countdown to Christmas box will be fun, and yummy apple dessert, too! Happy Friday, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of the snow! That goodie box looks irresistible. Your crostata look yummy! Anything with crust and fruit is my "jam". :)

    ReplyDelete