Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 21, 2023

I LIKE Thursday!

Joining LeeAnna and friends today, the shortiest day of the year!  Winter Solstice. Sharing your likes and answering some prompts questions. 

Absolutely first for today is that it is the shortest day of the uear. Beginning tomorrow we add 2 minutes and 8 seconds to each day.  I'm a sunshine lover, so the short days are not my best. I lean toward the doldrums.  Certain things make me happy though.

Date night!  Mr. Busy and I try to go out or at least order in every Friday night. Last week, the 15th,  our son joined us. It was his last night of his visit and we took him to the Rapid City SD airport on Saturday. 
I had this drink at Ruby Tuesdays. Amaretto, cranberry juice and lemonade. A Christmas Kiss!!  Yum!



Sunday night we attended a Christmas party for the company where I used to work.  Yes, they still invite us. I worked for the owner for more than 30 years. We are sort of like family. 



He now owns a bar and we ate from the menu and played 6 rounds of Bingo. There were prinzes, this year we didn't win. But we had a great time. 



I iordered myself the 12 Days of Christmas package from Colorado Cross Stitcher. I put it away til December and then life got busy and I almost forgot about it. So I opened #1 and #2 on the 16th and have been opening one each day since. There were needle minders, a scissor fob, 2 patterns so far, a magnetci needle holder and a thread hopper. I had never heard of a thread hopper. I've done counted cross stitch for 
40 years!!  So I looked up how to use it .  Thank goodness for YouTube!!!





On our walk yesterday it was 57 degrees. This old tree forgot that it is still winter. Can you see the little buds swelling on the outer limbs?   Silly tree!!






I also was excited to hang my newest cross stitch ornament. Winter penguin. Thanks for the link to the chart, Diann.   


And this Old World Santa that I finally finished two years ago.  We have spent the last 3 Christmases at our son's house in Northern California. This is his first appearance on our tree. He is done on perforated paper and has a 3D beard and added star sequins. 



Now for the prompts from LeeAnna. 

Dec 21st prompt!

Unwrapping gifts on Xmas Eve or Xmas morning?

When I was growing up we always opened gifts on Christmas Eve, had oyster stew and went to Midnight Candlelight Services at churc.  Then I married Mr. Busy and his family opened gifts on Christmas morning and had a big family dinner. So our kids greww up celebrating both. 

do you prefer Christmas or New years? Do you have a usual way to spend NYE and or NYDay?

I guess I would have to say I prefer Christmas.  New Year's Eve was never a very big deal . We used to attend house parties as young marrieds., but we don't enjoy the bar scene so we rarely do anything NYE . New Years Day means the parade and the Rose Bowl football game. No special meal, just finger foods, and soda.   I've never even made black eyed peas. 


Wishing all a wonderful holiday season however you celebrate!

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!

7 comments:

  1. That drink from Ruby Tuesday looks delish! Love your cross stitching, especially that cute little penguin. I've not heard of a thread hopper either, so I just looked it up on Tik Tok - how keen! Was that the son that you visit each Christmas, near the pretty mountains?
    Wishing you and Mr. Busy a very happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little penguin looks wonderful, Judy! I wish I had a round frame like that for mine - it looks like perfect size. Date night sounds like fun, and a yummy drink, too. Enjoy those 12 Days of Christmas cross-stitching presents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your homemade ornaments are so special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe, I just loved this, all of it! It's in mid 60's here too, nearly all the time with little bursts of a cold day sprinkled in now and then. Not what we had when we moved here a few years ago. The presents are a terrific idea!!! I never get wrapped gifts any more, The drink is right up my alley!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for visiting my blog, neighbor! I hadn't played bingo in years and so when I went to one around Thanksgiving, I had a blast and even won a few things! It could be addicting!

    I loved the look of the 12 Days of Christmas package from Colorado Cross Stitcher - I will have to look for it for next year!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you got the link from Diann for the ornament: She can't resist a penguin! Lol!!! Your Santa is a good-looking guy too. I've never heard of a hopper either. I guess I'll be looking that up too! Wishing you a Healthy, Joyous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if a thread hopper is something created recently. I had never heard of it either. Are you finding it useful! Cute new ornaments!!! Happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete