I am excited to be setting goals again this year! It really helps me stay on task! I have had to leave a local group that has been my main group of quilting friends. Maybe I’ve gotten too old? Too set in my ways? Too selfish?
Whatever the reason, I don’t look forward to the gatherings, so I “took my leave”. I am looking forward to connecting on this and other blog posts.
Some of you know Mr Busy and I have house guests for the next several months! Our oldest granddaughter and her husband and their 2 children have moved in with us! It has been an adjustment for all!
I have only been to my sewing machine once, to stay-stitch around a large flannel crumb block, that will become Miss B’s babydoll blankie! And I have stitched up a torn sleeve seam in Jojo’s winter coat and restitched the Pom Pom on Mama’s knit hat!
My January One Monthly Goal will be to finish the December row on my temperature quilt and add it to the rest, to make it to “quilt top”, or “unquilted wall hanging” stage. That is, not quilted and bound, but ready for those steps. I think I want to try facing it, so will read up on that technique. It's not a lofty goal, but doable under the circumstances.
![]() |
| This is a poor photo, but I am in the basement, trying to be quiet and getting this post ready! |
I'm linking up with Patty's January Goal Setting Post at Elm Street Quilts. And I'll be checking out the other goals being set and cheering you on.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




I hope you can get back to your sewing even with additional people living in the house - maybe as you all get settled adjusting it will work out ok - hope so.
ReplyDeleteI used to belong to 3 quilt groups and after awhile I realized I didn't feel comfortable with any of them! One group I had originally loved but people moved or left the group for one reason or other and others joined and I left as I didn't care for them eventually and found I was happier sewing and quilting by myself - it is good though if you can find a group you are happy with
Your temperature quilt is looking interesting! I like how you kept it simple with squares. Hang in there with the house guests. I've been there and done that--being on the move-into-parents-basement-with-my-entire-family side. It wasn't always easy, but it was a blessing to be able to do that.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your goal, you will find a way to stay more in your sewing room! Enjoy this family time.
ReplyDeleteI need to get my last temperature quilt quilted and start a couple new ones for my grandchildrens' birth years!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.
ReplyDeleteI think that's probably the most incredible temperature quilt I've seen to date. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!
ReplyDeleteI left both of my local quilt guilds also, just not a good fit for me any longer, after active participation for years. I love the time I spend with my own quilting activities.
ReplyDelete