Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 2, 2018

November One Monthly Goal Link Up








I've been working on making 9 patches as leaders and enders for the last several years. Then I picked background fabric, Downstairs at Downton Abbey (cream with light olive green sprigs), from Andover Fabrics.


There are 290 9-patches needed, here are 110!




 I started to lay it out in April of 2018. This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern called Rick Rack Nines from her book, Adventures with Leaders and Enders.  You can read more about the beginning in THIS post!  I packed it back in it's project box because I needed my design wall for another UFO project!
This layout shows an "oops".  I packed it back in the project box.

Now I am ready to get the top together.  My OMG for November 2018 is to get half the blocks sewn together. This is a big top and is put together on the diagonal. My design wall will barely be big enough for the half triangle. Bonnie Hunter suggest putting it together in 2 halves also.

It is on my design wall. The first bottom left corner triangle is sewn to row 1. Row 2 and 3 have been added. Row 4 is sewn to Row 5.  More 9 patches and background squares are laid out. 


This will probably take me all month.  There is Thanksgiving coming up. My sister lost her husband after a long and complicated illness last Friday, the 26th. She lives about 2 hours away from me, but I may make a trip or two over there just because.  She has no children, so she is really all alone.


I will link this post up to Patty's OMG November Link Up.


Stay Busy and Stay Happy


3 comments:

  1. It is a labor-intensive project, for sure. But I am also sure that you will have a blast making it. Divide and conquer is a good rule. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be awesome! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete